- Since moving from Hubspot’s free sales CRM, Monterail have seen their conversion to call rate increase 35%
- The sales team have also seen their conversion from call to qualified customer rate increase 10%
- The entire team is happy with the tool, which helps them manage their data and increase visibility across departments
By Switching to Pipedrive, Monterail improved the visibility of its data across teams and boosted sales conversions.
Monterail is a software development consultancy based in Wrocław, Poland that provides clients with bespoke software and digital solutions, making for a varied workload and customer base.
Before switching to Pipedrive, both Monterail’s sales and marketing teams were using Hubspot to manage their processes.
The problem they faced
However, as the company expanded, the sales team found that a free solution didn’t provide them with the features and functionality that they required.
“When I joined Monterail a year ago, pretty much everybody was already dissatisfied with Hubspot’s CRM for sales purposes,” explains Monterail account executive Jan Solecki.
“The inability to add a list of recurring activities or see separate tasks on the Pipeline view of the Kanban board often either required us to perform extra clicking (particularly by those of us willing to do the extra manual work) or led us to miss tasks. All in all, it proved rather unintuitive, and its poor UX often resulted in a correspondingly poor organization of tasks.”
The team decided to find a CRM tool that would better suit their needs and Jan started researching solutions for the best fit.
Finding a solution
As well as agreeing on some ‘nice to have’ features with the rest of the sales team, Jan consulted the other departments who would need to use data from their CRM.
“I gathered requirements from other people in the company: how they could use it; how they could benefit from it,” he says. “For example, the Co-CEO, who oversees sales and has a good view of the sales pipeline, the finance team who do forecasting and the operations who need to book developers for various projects.”
He worked out that he was looking for a tool that would:
- Be intuitive. They wanted a tool that was enjoyable to use for sales and account managers alike
- Provide insight. They needed advanced analytics to track, measure and optimize their sales process
- Function as a single source of truth for the sales teams and other stakeholders in marketing, customer success and other departments
- Suit the needs of their business, a software development consultancy that often worked on large, cross-functional, custom projects
“Truth be told, Pipedrive first lured us in with their key tagline: ‘CRM that salespeople love.’ But it soon became apparent that it also ticked all of our ‘must-have’ boxes and nearly all of the ‘nice-to-haves’, too.”
The sales team found transferring all their data from Hubspot to Pipedrive easy thanks to the open API, and were also able to integrate Pipedrive with many of the other tools they use. They were also able to sync Pipedrive and Hubspot up, as the Marketing team continues to use it.
“It turns out that a lot of the problems we were facing in Hubspot are solved pretty well by Pipedrive,” says Jan, but the sales team also found other reasons to embrace the tool:
- Streamlined weekly check-ins thanks to the visibility of data, lead information and deal progress on the tool that the whole team can access quickly and easily
- Pipedrive’s workflow automation features help the sales team avoid unnecessary admin tasks and quickly find customer data, even if a team member is absent or unavailable
- The CRM promotes activity-based selling, helping Monterail’s team structure their working day and focus on what’s important
“Pipedrive organizes my work in such a useful way that I spend most of my workday inside it. This, in turn, gives me a lot of comfort at work, because I don’t have to waste time thinking about what stage my projects are on or what the next steps will be. Pipedrive sets the pace of my day.”
Seeing the benefits
There are currently 10 people at Monterail using Pipedrive, in the inbound, outbound and customer success teams—as well as managers who oversee the operation. The inbound and outbound sales teams use Pipedrive to track leads through their funnel, while customer success is using Pipedrive’s kanban functionality and the easily-accessible sales data to manage their process.
The marketing team also benefits from the sales team’s use of Pipedrive as it helps them to better understand each lead’s source and status. Thanks to a Zapier integration, the marketing team can also follow the deal progression of marketing-qualified leads, helping them to allocate spend to the most productive sources of high-quality leads.
All the sales team who now use Pipedrive and are completely happy with it, They’ve also seen impressive business outcomes since the switch, with conversion to call rate increasing 35% and call to qualified lead conversion rate increasing 10%.
“Investing in Pipedrive turned out to be a good choice for Monterail. We believe that providing comfortable working conditions and offering the right tools to our team members can actually translate into better services for our customers. Above all that, the numbers also prove that this was the right choice!”
You can read more about Monterail’s Pipedrive story on their website.