You’re probably reading this because you’re having a tough time with your business, either as the owner or as a part of the sales team. Tough days are inevitable, but we have all the motivation you need to tackle those feelings and get into the groove of your sales process.
Even the best salesperson feels a lack of motivation sometimes after facing negativity, difficult clients, or missed quotas. All you can do is pick yourself up off the ground and begin each day with a fresh perspective. We think this motivational sales quote from Zig Ziglar perfectly captures that spirit:
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”
Here are 68 motivational sales quotes any sales professional or sales manager should keep in their back pocket for those days when you're feeling uninspired in your profession or business. Whether you don’t have it in you to make another sales call in fear of getting rejected again, or feeling inadequate about your abilities, there’s a quote to help you to hop back into your sales cycle
1. “If you are not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.” – Bob Hooey
2. "Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is." – Vince Lombardi
3. “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh
4. “Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, ‘Make me feel important.’ Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.” – Mary Kay Ash
5. "Ninety percent of selling is conviction and 10 percent is persuasion." – Shiv Khera
6. “I like to think of sales as the ability to gracefully persuade, not manipulate, a person or persons into a win-win situation.” – Bo Bennett
7. “Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers.” – Seth Godin
8. “Make a customer, not a sale.” – Katherine Barchetti
9. “In sales, a referral is the key to the door of resistance.” – Bo Bennett
10. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
11. “A-B-C. Always Be Closing.” – Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross
12. “You're only as good as your last sale, so you put your all into something and just hope that from that you can get your next job." – Josh Peck
13. “Turn up the volume of your computer speakers before making calls. You may hear money talk.” – Pipedrive
1. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
2. “Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle – when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.” – Christopher McDougall
3. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
4. “Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes.” – Henry J. Kaiser
5. “80% of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
6. “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” – Wayne Gretzky
7. “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
8. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
9. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
10. “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
11. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Ann Landers
12. “Focus on being productive instead of being busy.” – Tim Ferriss
13. "We're not here to take part, we're here to take over." – Conor McGregor
14. “By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day.” – Robert Frost
15. “Time is the friend of the wonderful business, the enemy of the mediocre.” – Warren Buffett
16. “Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
17. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone
18. “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favour.” – Brian Tracy
19. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." – John D. Rockefeller
20. “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
21. “The expert in anything was once a beginner.” – Helen Hayes
22. “Be so good, they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
You’ve probably heard of a lot of these sales quotes already – they’re just that good! They come from Zig Ziglar, who was an American author, salesman and motivational speaker.
Whether you’re a manager looking to inspire your sales team, or looking for inspiration from great salespeople for yourself, there are endless outlets to find it. Sales reps should learn how to self-motivate and trust their sales skills, but an effective sales strategy requires great sales management, and motivating your team members is a huge part of that.
Use some of the quotes we listed here in your daily or weekly check-in emails, or look through social media platforms like Linkedin for inspiring stories, sales tips and more motivational sales quotes.
Whether you place a sticky note at your desk, pin a tweet on your Twitter profile, or post it in some other prominent place, find a way to memorize your favorite quotes to encourage you throughout the day and drive towards sales success.
If these help you, they’ll likely help someone else! Feel free to pass these along to a sales team member who may need a little pick-me-up, or leave your favorite motivational quote in the comments below.
And remember, confidence is half the battle.
Start or continue the conversation with like-minded sales and marketing professionals on our Community.Join our Community
How to Fully Understand Your Customers With Comprehensive Buyer Personas
Learn how to create actionable and comprehensive buyer personas that help you solve problems, improve content and better connect to your customers.
Overcoming Objections in Sales: Plan, Persist, Convert
Sales objections are the reasons why your prospects can't or won't buy a product or service. For example, maybe they don't have room for your product in their budget, they don't need your product or they don't trust your company. In this guide, you'll learn exactly how to deal with all the sales objections you could face.
Sales Ethics: Is There a Code of Ethics for Marketing and Sales?
Sales ethics is about doing right by your customer. It won’t just help you avoid risks like fraud and scandals, but also help you grow a company with loyal customers and happy employees. Here are the benefits, examples and steps to implement an ethical approach to sales.