Think you’re a sales expert? Take our monthly quiz to test your knowledge of sales terms and techniques. Or test your colleagues on how much they know.
Click ‘Reveal answer’ to find out if you got the question right and for a link to a relevant article if you would like to find out more.
According to Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson’s best-selling 2011 sales book, which of these sales personalities has the most success?
- The Hard Worker
- The Relationship Builder
- The Lone Wolf
- The Problem Solver
- The Challenger
Which commission structure compensates a rep based on how much of their quota they sell?
- A tiered commission structure
- A straight-line commission structure
- A draw against commission structure
- A gross profit margin commission structure
What does the ‘R’ stand for in SMART objectives?
Which of these activities usually comes first in a sales process?
- Lead qualification
- Objection handling
- Cold calling
- A product presentation
What is a CRM tool?
- A Customer Relationship Management tool
- A Customer Relationship Maintainance tool
- A Customer Retention Management tool
- A Client Relationship Management tool
Which of these sales methodologies focuses on acknowledging how little time the average prospect has to make a decision?
- SPIN Selling
- Solution Selling
- Conceptual Selling
- SNAP Selling
What term describes an automated messenger tool that you can add to a web page in order to engage and qualify visitors?
- Lead scorer
What does the ‘B’ in BANT framework stand for?
What is a ‘closed question’?
- A question intended to end a sales conversation
- A question that only has a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response
- A question that you ask just after closing a deal
- A question you ask when you already know the answer